Book your room by filling out and returning the following forms:
- Accommodation request form
- Payment form, either via credit card or via bank transfer.
- Use discount code FINTEC0317 (valid until March 13th) to get the Unconference preferential rates.
Send both forms and proof of payment to email@example.com.
- Breakfast is included in the room rate
- Lunch, tea and snacks will be provided for attendees during the unconference
Note: Payment can be made via credit card or bank transfer. If you are applying for the travel scholarship, you must show proof of payment for the hotel booking to receive reimbursement towards this expense.
Book your room
The Unconference will take place at the Labadi Beach Hotel, which is located at:
Labadi Beach Hotel
No 1 La Bypass
About Labadi Beach Hotel
Labadi Beach Hotel is Ghana’s premier hotel, resort and business address. The hotel is renowned for its food and the unique spirit of Ghanaian hospitality. Labadi is located within easy access of both the city and airport. Set amidst tropical landscaped gardens, overlooking one of the most beautiful beaches, Labadi Beach, is where tourists and the business traveller go to meet and play. This exclusive hotel provides its guests with 164 luxury rooms, two bars and restaurants, and a variety of different and exciting activities for all guests.
Entry Requirements and Visa Information for Ghana
- A valid passport and an entry visa are required to enter Ghana
- Visas are required by all except nationals of ECOWAS, Kenya and Singapore
- Note: You may be refused entry on a passport that is due to expire within six months of your departure date
- Travelers are expected to show certificates for yellow fever vaccination on arrival
- You are also advised to see your doctor well in advance of your travel so that you may discuss the need for anti-malaria precautions
- The entry point to Ghana by air is the Kotoka International Airport, Accra
Visit the Ghana Embassy or consulate website for your country for more information about your specific entry requirements into Ghana. You should apply for the visa, at least one month in advance to ensure enough time for your visa to be processed in time to attend the Unconference.
If, in the case your visa application requires proof of a hotel reservation and you do not have a hotel reservation yet, one option is to book your hotel using booking.com to be able to submit your visa application on time. You can create a reservation without paying for the room upfront and can cancel/modify the reservation afterwards.
Updated Feb 26, 2017 - Scholarship applications are no longer being accepted. We will start sending out confirmation of awards on Feb 27th, 2017.
Attendees traveling into Accra are eligible to apply for partial to full scholarships to cover the costs of attending the Unconference for their airfare and hotel. As there is limited funding, apply as soon as possible. Travel scholarships can cover up to 2 nights hotel at the event venue and up to $1500 USD for international, roundtrip economy flights. You will need to provide proof of purchase for airfare for scholarship award and reimbursement.
Final deadline for application: Feb 13th, 2017.
- Dress code. Business casual (there are some activities planned so you should also bring comfortable clothing for outdoors)
- Weather in Accra. It is humid and sunny, with temperatures of 22 – 32 degrees Celsius in March (cotton clothing is preferable)
- Electricity. Outlets in Ghana accept 3-prong and 2-prong pins, on 220/240 volts
- Currency. The Ghanaian Cedi
- Banking. Accra offers a good network of banking and foreign exchange service and credit cards are widely accepted at hotels and supermarkets